Celebrating Over 60 years of Growing Hope
After six years of planning and preparation, with the hard work and inspiration of GFWC of Missouri, Missouri Girls Town was dedicated at its first Open House on October 20, 1959 in Mountain Grove, Missouri. In 1981, Missouri Girls Town relocated to its current site on 23 acres near Kingdom City, Missouri. The new location helped to provide better access to girls and families from across the state, and provided room for growth. The campus was opened with one residential cottage, called Hope House, and an administrative building.
Since 1989, Missouri Girls Town has quadrupled in size and is now licensed to house up to 50 clients at one time. The campus includes four residential cottages, two administrative buildings, a recreation center, dining hall and school. In addition, Girls Town has an independent living contract to assist up to six girls transition into adulthood.
In 2010, Missouri Girls Town was recognized and accredited by the Council On Accreditation. To become accredited by COA, Missouri Girls Town underwent a detailed review and analysis of both our administrative operations and service delivery practices. All are “measured” against national standards of best practice. These standards emphasize services that are accessible, appropriate, culturally responsive, evidence based, and outcomes-oriented. In addition, they confirm that the services are provided by a skilled and supported workforce and that all individuals are treated with dignity and respect.